Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More fun stuff indoors

A friend gave me a wonderful lead for science-related activities for the summer. Scientific American Magazine online has videos modeling mini science experiments. The target audience is kids 6-12 and their parents.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/section.cfm?id=bring-science-home

By the way, we did make it to the police museum on Sunday. The kids had great fun looking at jail cells, handcuffs, uniforms, badges, police cars, armored vehicles, a helicopter, and more. You can climb in and out the helicopter and most of the vehicles in the back! Plan about 45 minutes for the museum. I highly recommend this outing! Link's to the right of the page.

3 comments:

  1. I know i am blind....where is the link to the right for the police museum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put it in a previous post, but here it is again!

    http://www.laphs.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to add something else for those who are unaccustomed to driving the Arroyo Seco Pkwy. Here's a word of caution: the parkway was built before before freeway design was really perfected, and before cars drove at the speeds we are currently used to. As a result, the exit ramps are often VERY short and sharp, providing little time and space to slow down. Please drive carefully!

    ReplyDelete