Hey, ladies!
I want to explain a little bit about the construction of the site.
Baruch HaShem, the site has become more popular in just a few days than I imagined. This means not everyone knows me or how I planned for this to work, so I think I should give a little explainer about the settings. I want to make sure everyone has not just a fun summer, but a safe one, too!
I've decided not to list this site on search engines, but not to restrict the blog to invite-only access either. Essentially, that means that strangers can't find the site through Google, but you can send the link to a friend and they will be able to reach it without having to go through me or through fancy passwords or the like.
This means that information is not entirely secure, and you have to tread carefully when putting down info in blogs and comments. For example, I do not recommend listing your number of children, address, names of your kids or their ages (I use my kids' names, although not all at once, but I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea...In fact, I just went back and edited some last names from the blog, reducing them to last initial.) If an activity will be at a home, list is as "a private home in the XYZ neighborhood," and then list an email for RSVPs.
Ima Shmo and husband Joe wouldn't want to go to LegoLand for the day with all the other Mommy Campers and return to find the house cleaned out, for example, because someone read they would be away all day while browsing the blog.
Maybe I just have an overactive imagination...
You can contribute ideas to the site in two ways:
1) Post comments;
2) Send me an email at beccaklempner@gmail.com and request an invitation to become an author. You can then write your own posts with proposed outings, stay-at-home activities that were a success, or reviews of different activities others might want to learn about before trying themselves. (BTW, I may edit your posts.)
I'm about to create a Labels Index with the tags for posts listed on the right side of the screen so you can use them to find specific topics (all activities on May 15th, for example). Check for updates as often as you's like. I plan to post at least a couple times a week throughout the summer, and there are already 2 other contributors to the blog.
Thanks for all your support and have a great summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment