Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tip for free Thursdays at the Screwball...er...Skirball

We may have missed out this week for Noah's Ark at the Screwball. (Sometimes it feels like a museum of dead Judaism, and Judaism is far from dead so I call it the Screwball..'cause that's screwy. Get over it.) Thursdays are free but you must reserve in advance. The catch...tickets become available online the Sunday before...at midnight.

They go fast. I called at 10 AM Monday, and they were long gone. So for next week plan on camping out online Sunday midnight if ya' wanna go that Thurs. Otherwise, I think tickets were in the $10-$15 range for adults and approx $5 for kids.

I plan to take my bunch to the (free) Houdini exhibit this Thursday 6/23. We should be there by 11:30/noon or earlier at the admissions desk so we can see if there are any remaining spaces for Noah's Ark same day (they do sometimes have a few same-day free tickets available). If not, the Houdini exhibit should should take 1 hour to get through, and that's fun too. Not really organizing it formally, but if y'all wanna meet up, I'll see you there for the Houdini exhibit.

--Kayla


3 comments:

  1. The admissions folks hold back a few of the free tickets or if there are any left you can come in person and get them. We arrived at noon and got in for free at 1pm and the tickets were good until 3 pm. So we did Houdini first, had a snack, went to the gift shop, and then Noah's Ark-- which was awesome!!! It's indoor play yard with ropes and climbing and then coloring and gathering seeds they can plant at home. Leave an hour and a half + for Noah's Ark. Would be great on a hot day. Houdini exhibit can be done in an hour or less..
    --Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are still tix for this week folks. I just checked and its Monday AM...get them at this link:

    https://tickets.skirball.org/public/show_events_list.asp

    --Kayla

    ReplyDelete