Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fourth of July at Seaside Lagoon in Redondo Beach

Hi all! Someone tipped me about what appears to be an awesome afternoon and evening for the Fourth of July at Seaside Lagoon in Redondo Beach. There will be Mad Science, Jim Gamble Marionettes, arts and crafts, a children's parade, a coast guard rescue, paddleboarding, swimming, & fireworks! You must reserve in advance and I am about to do so for our family. If anyone is interested, let me know ASAP, maybe we can buy tickets together. There are package deals. Check out the website http://www.redondofireworks.com/index.php

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Sounds really fun... but the cheapest individual seats to the fireworks are $15 a head-- That's per kid..and doesn't include parking?@! So group rate is surely the way to go..with a bunch of people. I think the one in the Palisades is free--with an optional donation of $2. So that's still our plan depending on weather conditions and if anyone has a cold. Culver City also is $2 donation and parking is probably better. Its too hard for me to plan 12 hours away u know..If someone does go, please post to the group so we can know how it went wherever u go for next year's planning --Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was Redondo?

    Pali was awesome!!! Parking on streets off Sunset was ok. Wish I had a shady spot to sit (I got a sunburn) but the Parade was very good and many bands were excellent. Cute small town feel-albeit in maybe one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the USA. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa was there, among other dignitaries. Reggae band was nice, Firework show excellent. Seating for Fireworks was clean, area bright, and entry was very organized and safe. Astroturf or bleachers. Setting was divine- between mountains and beach. There was even a kosher truck at Chabad earlier in the day (though I hear the lines were long). Pack a big lunch. Parking for the parade was best on side streets off Sunset. A perfect day...but...it took an HOUR to get back home. So if you are a night owl I'd repeat it in a heartbeat. If you need to function at work the next day, skip the fireworks at Pali. We got home at 11. Great time though.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you can see fireworks from Hillside country club at the corner of Edris and Cashio. Anyone do that? How did that work out?

    K

    ReplyDelete