July 4, 2011: Kayla decided against watching the fireworks, but suggested a parade instead. It's supposed to be BOILING next week, so I found one in Pacific Palisades, where it'll probably be cooler.
Wanna try this parade? Follow this link for more details:
There's also a kids' bike parade in Long Beach: http://golosangeles.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=golosangeles&cdn=travel&tm=1012&f=10&su=p531.51.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//justinrudd.com/bikeparade.html
Adventure Playground on Tuesday, July 5th. I will not be able to make it, but I think Rachel M., Sharona, and Elisheva M. mentioned interest. Comment below if you will be attending, please, or email Rachel M.
Wednesday, July 6th, 11 a.m.: Discovery Center in Thousand Oaks. http://www.discoverycntr.org/pages/events/mathMidway/MathMidway.htm
20 people or more means $5/person group rate, so comment below or email me if you plan to attend. As long as there are fewer than 40, we don't have to call in advance even with a group.
Thursday, July 7th, 9:30 a.m.: Park Meetup at Coldwater Canyon Park.
Heads up for Adventure Playground: bring a change of clothes (and shoes). Kids must wear closed toe shoes. Clean bathroom in the library. Enjoy! "Where kids can be kids." We went last week and have been going for years.
ReplyDeleteDiscovery Museum looks amazing. Thank you Elisheva. If we get a group I will move my Wednesday summer sounds day to Thursday.
Also, thinking of Santa Clarita Aquatic Center for Tuesday.
Count me in for the wed trip we are three total.
ReplyDeleteI would love to do the adventure playground later in the summer when my older boys are home...
Its Kayla.
ReplyDeleteI didn't decide against fireworks.
Our plan as of now is to go to the Pacific Palisades. Sky Diving Show, Parade, Performance, then fireworks. But I'm not sure the weather will hold out and it will still be hot even in Pacific Palisades! So we may do the default and see fireworks in Culver afterall. Depends on weather and how everyone feels. I think parking will be difficult in Pacific Palisades...and that's a big picnic basket we'll need to pack for that type of day.
Sorry if I misunderstood about the fireworks!
ReplyDeleteDid anyone else go to the parade in Pacific Palisades? The Klempner crew went and even our eldest--who was very skeptical at first--had a great time! We got a great spot in the shade near the corner of Sunset and Via de la Sol and saw marching bands, lots of really cool cars, cowboys on horseback, horses and mules pulling all sorts of coaches and carriages and even a trolley. The crowd is friendly and very family-oriented. I highly recommend for next year.
ReplyDelete